- Stove cooked oats
- Overnight oats
- Baked oats
- Eggwhite oats
There's so many, I couldn't imagine that anyone would get bored of something so simple.. so fabulous! OKAY, enough rambling.. you guys just want the recipe right? It's so simple, I'm sure even a small toddler could make this. So no excuses!
- 30g of oats (you can use more if you desire, however I wouldn't recommend less than this)
- 1 Sachet of hazelnut hot chocolate (options or highlights are the best choices)
- 150g of Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
- 50-70ml of unsweetened almond milk (or usual milk)
- A handful of strawberries
- Weigh out 30-40g of oats, instant or rolled is fine! Put that in a bowl and weigh out 150g of Fage yoghurt (any greek yoghurt with work but I prefer Fage because it's so intensely thick and creamy yum!) Mix the yoghurt with the oats and add small amounts of milk until the consistency is how you like it! - I wouldn't recommend too runny because it will be difficult to eat, equally I wouldn't recommend too thick because It does thicken up slightly overnight!
- Once the yogurt, oats and milk is all mixed it and looking faaaby! This is the point where you can go crazy frickin mental! Literally the flavor combinations for OOIAJ is endless.. however, for this recipe you simply add a hazelnut hot chocolate sachet.. or if you can't get your hands on them plain chocolate powder will work just fine and still yummy! 3 heaped teaspoons will be enough. Mix this in with the yogurty oats in the bowl until all the chocolate is mixed in and it smells like a delicious Nutella concoction.. mmmm.
- Next, chop up the strawberries into little chunks and mix those in.. you can add as many or as little as your taste buds require! They taste heavenly with the Nutella flavor though! Once it's all mixed in and you're happy with how it looks pour into an air tight jar, seal and put in the fridge and leave over night!
- Lastly, wake up in the morning and jump out of bed with excitement because its BREAKFAST TIME aka best time of the day. Grab your jar out of the fridge and top with anything you desire! I chose more strawberries but you could put flaxseed, banana, peanut butter, biscuit spread, NUTELLA! Granola, cereal.. go wild! Grab your spoon and enjoy:)
Literally one of the easiest things to create.. no cooking necessary and It's great on a warm summer morning! Also perfect before work or school because all the prep is done the night before, so you can have that extra 10 minutes in bed ;)
Also, I get many questions / I see lots of people asking 'How do you make overnight oats' and all I can say is, use the base recipe of oats, yogurt and milk.. you can even use flavored yogurt if you want, and then just mix in different things you can find.. fruit works best! But just experiment and you will not be dissapointed!
If there is anything that is unclear in the recipe or a question you would like to ask, just comment down below. Love you guys and I hope you enjoy trying this because I sure did!
Calories - Approx. 280
Servings - 1